As a Kelowna Dental Centre that oversees the dental care of all ages, we wanted to provide parents with some quick tips on how to best care for your baby’s teeth and gums.
- Prior to the eruption of teeth, clean the baby’s mouth and gums with a soft cloth/toothbrush at bath time.
- Your child’s teeth should be cleaned twice a day with a toothbrush specially designed for small children.
- Take the baby to see a dentist by the age of 1 year. It is important to set up a dental home to ensure that the child’s oral health care is delivered in an environment where your family is comfortable and well taken care of.
- Never immerse a pacifier in anything sweet; it can result in serious tooth decay.
- When a child is given a bottle containing sugary liquids such as milk formula & fruit juice, the teeth can be exposed to bacterial acid for a prolonged time. This can cause cavities in babies. It is important to try to wean the infant from the bottle by the age of one.
- When child’s tooth appears and other foods/beverages have been introduced into the diet, the baby is prone to risk of having severe tooth decay. Make sure to clean the baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after breast feeding during the nighttime.
We hope that these simple steps will help you keep your baby’s teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime.
Your smile is often one of the first things that people notice when looking at you. These days with so many advanced cosmetic dentistry services available it is important to know all of the different options offered at Swift Dental.
At our Kelowna dental office, we offer several different ways to improve your smile. These include:
There are many factors responsible for loss of tooth shine and their original color. . Tooth whitening is an effective and harmless option that can be performed in our office in as little as a hour.
- Quick and easy way to effectively whiten your teeth
- Clinically proven to whiten up to eight shades
- Our system includes desensitizers to help minimize sensitivity and protect your enamal
Veneers are the best solution for teeth that are chipped, crooked, uneven, or unevenly spaced. These are a tooth-like outer covering that is affixed onto or above the tooth to hide the imperfections, giving you a flawless smile.
- Look natural
- Easy way to hide tooth imperfections
- Can last for 10-15 years
Many people choose to get dental implants to replace missing teeth instead of wearing dentures that can be painful and inconvenient. Dental implants can improve chewing, speech, joint pain and bite problems.
- Replace several teeth missing teeth
- Look and feel like a real tooth
- Do not decay
To Book Your Appointment Call (250) 765-1188 or Click Here.